Widgets are small, customizable features that give you quick access to your favorite apps and information on your iPhone.
They can make your home screen more personalized and functional, and they just got an upgrade with the latest iOS 17 update.
Here’s how to use Widgets on your iPhone like a pro.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S FREE CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH SECURITY ALERTS, QUICK VIDEO TIPS, TECH REVIEWS
How to create a Widget
Before jumping in, let me explain how to create a Widget.
- From the home screen of your iPhone, tap and hold an empty area until the apps all start to jiggle
- Tap the plus button in the upper left-hand corner
- Now, select a Widget (you can search for it in the Search Widgets field, such as the weather, your calendar, a clock or even photos)
- Next, choose a Widget size by scrolling across the screen
- Click Add Widget at the bottom of the screen
- Then tap done
MORE: HOW TO KEEP YOUR PHONE BATTERY CHARGED LONGER
How to create a smart stack feature
There’s also the smart stack feature that allows you to add multiple Widgets altogether. This creates a stack that you can just scroll through to get to each one.
- Long press on your iPhone’s screen to edit your home screen. The icons will start jiggling, and a – (minus sign) will appear in the upper left corner of each app
- Tap on the plus button at the top of your phone’s screen to access the Widgets gallery
- Tap on the Smart Stack, which you should see at the very top of the list. You can also search for it by typing ‘smart stack’ into the Search Widgets field
- Select the size of the Smart Stack Widget you want to create. You can choose between small or medium by scrolling across the screen
- Tap Add Widget. The Smart Stack will be placed automatically on the screen. You can also drag it to a different location or page if you want.
- To customize the Smart Stack and choose which apps you want to include or exclude, long press on the widget and tap Edit Stack
- You can also turn off the Smart Rotate feature if you don’t want the Widget to change automatically
MORE: HOW TO USE SAFARI PROFILES ON IOS 17 TO SEPARATE WORK FROM YOUR PERSONAL LIFE
How to interact with a Widget
In previous versions of iOS, you would be able to tap on a Widget to bring it directly to the corresponding app. Now, you can directly interact with the Widget without ever having to open the app. You can stop and start your favorite song or podcast, cross off a task on your to-do list and more.
MORE: HOW TO USE ‘STANDBY’, THE NEW FULL-SCREEN FEATURE IN IOS 17
How to pick the best Widget for you
Think about your goals: What kind of information or tasks do you often need on your device? Select Widgets that match your daily routines. This will help you save time on common tasks.
Functionality and usability: Don’t be swayed by flashy Widgets that look nice but don’t do much. Choose widgets that give you the right information and are easy to use. These are more useful.
Keep it simple: Don’t overload your lock screen with too much information. Concentrate on a few key Widgets that serve your immediate needs.
Try and adjust: Feel free to experiment with different Widgets and arrange them as you like. Test different options to find the best mix for you.
GET MORE OF MY SECURITY ALERTS, QUICK TIPS & EASY VIDEO TUTORIALS WITH THE FREE CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER – CLICK HERE
How to remove Widgets
While Widgets can be useful. They can also take up space and distract you from your main goals. If you want to remove Widgets that you don’t need, you can follow these simple steps:
- Touch and hold the widget that you want to remove
- Tap Remove Widget
- Tap Remove again to confirm
By removing Widgets, you can declutter your device and focus on the things that matter to you. You can always reinstall Widgets later if you change your mind.
ARE YOU PROTECTED FROM NEW THREATS? SEE THE BEST ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION REVIEWED HERE
Kurt’s key takeaways
Widgets are a great way to make your iPhone more useful and fun. You can customize your home screen with the Widgets that suit your needs and preferences and enjoy the convenience of accessing your favorite apps and information without opening them. Widgets are easy to create and interact with, and they can enhance your iPhone experience.
What Widgets are you most excited about using on your iPhone? Have you already found some to be indispensable in your daily routine? Let us know by writing us at Cyberguy.com/Contact
For more of my tech tips & security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report Newsletter by heading to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter
Ask Kurt a question or let us know what stories you’d like us to cover
Answers to the most asked CyberGuy questions:
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.
Situs Bandar Togel Online Terpercaya bisa anda akses langsung di SITUS TOTO ONLINE, TOTOCC adalah situs bandar togel dengan pasaran togel terlengkap. Anda bisa bermain langsung dan melihat hasil langsung dari togel hari ini hanya di TOTOCC.COM.